PR: It's That Man Again [Network]

Film, stage, music, books and so on...
Mr_Wolf
Potentate in Perpetuity

PR: It's That Man Again [Network]

Post by Mr_Wolf »

Comedian Tommy Handley reprises his best-loved role in this celluloid spin-off from the phenomenally popular BBC radio show ITMA – a light-entertainment staple that ran for a decade from 1939 and contributed significantly towards morale by bringing much-needed comic relief to a war-weary British public. Making stars of Jack Train, Dorothy Summers and Sydney Keith, It's That Man Again is presented here in a brand-new transfer from the original film elements, in its as-exhibited theatrical aspect ratio.

Tommy, mayor of the small town of Foaming-at-the-Mouth, is trying to balance the civic accounts – but constant interruptions by his incompetent assistant Sam Scram and nosey charlady Mrs Mopp are severely hampering the job! His troubles escalate, however, when he's forced to admit that he's invested all the municipal funds in a crumbling London theatre...

SPECIAL FEATURES:
[] Image Gallery
[] Merchandise gallery

http://networkonair.com/shop/2301-it-s- ... 44143.html

Stop quoting the law. We have swords.

stanbutler
405 lines

Re: PR: It's That Man Again [Network]

Post by stanbutler »

Not a particularly funny film, much like the radio original it's very dated, but it has it's charm and great to see it get a DVD release, although I have a copy. Hopefully we'll get the other radio comedy spin-off films too such as Happidrome and the unreleased Gert & Daisy films etc.

JWG
D-MAC

Post by JWG »

Saw it a few years back,either on TV or on sell-through video.

tiswas2
625 lines

Post by tiswas2 »

stanbutler wrote:Not a particularly funny film, much like the radio original it's very dated, but it has it's charm and great to see it get a DVD release, although I have a copy. Hopefully we'll get the other radio comedy spin-off films too such as Happidrome and the unreleased Gert & Daisy films etc.
One released so far (not easy viewing) and Talking pictures channel have screened at least 1 other

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gert-And-Daisys ... B0042XBIWA

stanbutler
405 lines

Post by stanbutler »

Two out, It's in the Bag finally made it out April last year after a few delays from Renown;
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Its-Miss-McTagg ... in+the+bag

Gert & Daisy Clean Up still straggling though.

JWG
D-MAC

Post by JWG »

OT,but are we including Arthur Askey's Band Waggon?

Beaker
625 lines

Post by Beaker »

Excellent! This'll be on my wants list.

Fingers crossed for a release of Time Flies too.

(Mrs Beaker is related to him...her uncle David (Handley) doesn't look unlike him, in fact.)
If I were creating the world I wouldn't mess about with butterflies and daffodils. I would have started with lasers, eight o'clock, Day One!