PR: Spring Meeting [Network]

Film, stage, music, books and so on...
Mr_Wolf
Potentate in Perpetuity

PR: Spring Meeting [Network]

Post by Mr_Wolf »

Hitchcock heroine Nova Pilbeam demonstrates her considerable flair for comedy in this incredibly popular wartime adaptation of the hit play by Irish author Molly Keane (a.k.a. M.J. Farrell) and John Perry. Co-starring Michael Wilding, Basil Sydney and Margaret Rutherford, Spring Meeting – released in America as Three Wise Brides – is featured here in a brand-new transfer from original film elements, in its original aspect ratio.

Tiny Fox-Collier and her son, Tony, are broke. A cheery and handsome young man about town, Tony knows he can rely on his mother for a brainwave to save them from utter destitution. This she has: a visit is scheduled to the Irish country estate of her old flame Sir Richard Furze, now a wealthy widower with two daughters. But while Tiny is determined to see her son marry the beautiful but haughty Joan, it seems Tony only has eyes for Joan’s spirited younger sister, Baby...

SPECIAL FEATURES:
[] Image gallery
[] Original script PDF
[] Original theatre programme PDF

http://networkonair.com/shop/2315-sprin ... 38845.html

Stop quoting the law. We have swords.

Bernie
D-MAC

Re: PR: Spring Meeting [Network]

Post by Bernie »

Oh. I though you were going to hold a get together.

Richard A
625 lines

Post by Richard A »

I thought we were all going to your place when they announced Weekend at Bernie's a while back (not being very 'up' with American cinema).

stanbutler
405 lines

Post by stanbutler »

Not seen this one but making a point of collecting Nova Pilbeam's films so looking forward to this.

JWG
D-MAC

Post by JWG »

Released a few years earlier,and she could have done a commentary...

Bernie
D-MAC

Post by Bernie »

Richard A wrote:I thought we were all going to your place when they announced Weekend at Bernie's a while back (not being very 'up' with American cinema).
It might be fun, but I wouldn't want to risk being in one of those articles in the Daily Mail after all you mad people trash my house.

We have our get togethers at the Horniman at Hays Galleria -
http://www.nicholsonspubs.co.uk/restaur ... dge/findus

B