Website that had Shoestring and Sweeney music info

Film, stage, music, books and so on...
Don Satchley
625 lines

Website that had Shoestring and Sweeney music info

Post by Don Satchley »

Hi there,
I remember many years ago I came across a website called Retro******* I forget the end of the word now, annoyingly. It was set up by someone interested in detailing all the music in The Sweeney and Shoestring amongst other series. They had done a very good job of detailing the background music used in many episodes, but if memory serves the site went away (maybe 10 years ago...). Anyway, the actual title of the website remains lost to me and I was wondering if any members remember it and could enlighten me.
Cheers
Don

DMatthews
405 lines

Re: Website that had Shoestring and Sweeney music info

Post by DMatthews »

Do you mean this site: http://retroteque.wordpress.com/

Don Satchley
625 lines

Post by Don Satchley »

Thanks for the link, reading the intro it sounds like the chap who did the original site. He had full soundtracks for many Sweeney episodes and also for many Shoestring ones. For the latter it was a mix of library music and popular songs. No wonder it has been a hellish thing to get Shoestring released on DVD.
Cheers
Don

Simon36
HD

Post by Simon36 »

Regarding The Sweeney, this might be of some use, since it does list a heck of a lot.

http://www.mark-1.co.uk/Sweeney%20tracks.html

Don Satchley
625 lines

Post by Don Satchley »

I believe that site is run by DMatthews who posted earlier in the thread! A great site.

Simon36
HD

Post by Simon36 »

The one Sweeney track that eludes me is that great little song that plays in Sweet Smell of Succession when Regan and Carter are eyeing the brunette girl in the cafe. I think it's by Steve Gray. Terrific piece.