The Protectors Fan Fiction

Film, stage, music, books and so on...
Private Frazer
625 lines

The Protectors Fan Fiction

Post by Private Frazer »

Maxwell (a prequel to Quin)

Quin, a hardened criminal and one of the most wanted men in Europe, has sent new recruit Maxwell to leave a small box of firearms in exchange for a bag of cash at a secret location. When he returns – there’s a problem.

In the entrance room of an old tenement building, there’s no escaping the Spanish summer heat. Maxwell, hands tied to the sides of a chair, is being roughed up by one of Quin’s men. Pouring with sweat his shirt is ripped and he has cuts on his face.
“You will tell me Maxwell; where have you hidden the rest of the money?”
The man pulls a gun out and grabs Maxwell’s hand. “Hands are useful. Usually a man survives a gunshot to the hand. Did you know that? Tell me!” Desperately but unnoticed Maxwell squeezes the other hand free and pushes the gun against the man just as it goes off. With a scream he slumps to the floor and falls motionless on his side. As Maxwell hears footsteps approaching he frees himself and deliriously rushes out into the sweltering late-afternoon sun.

Two more of Quin’s gang, Allen and Garcia, burst into the room and Allen turns his old friend’s head round. He can see he’s lifeless. “I’ll get him for this. I swear I’ll kill him!” Looking out the entrance and seeing Maxwell, making off far down the street, Garcia cries “He’ll go back to Casa Castillo.” “Get the car” yells Allen. Hearing Quin come in, they look back and see his bowed face fill with fury as he calmly tells them “Find him. I want the rest of my money. Bring him back”. As his eyes meet theirs adding, more loudly, “Alive”.

(and its a great, tense episode!)
"Now listen you guys, I don't wish to alarm you but there's some pretty weird things going on out here..."

Private Frazer
625 lines

Re: The Protectors Fan Fiction

Post by Private Frazer »

More, just noticed by what Quin says to the Contessa, about Maxwell!

After Allen, reminded by Garcia, has spared Maxwell’s life they take him back to Quin. Harry and the Contessa begin the search.

Meanwhile :
“Maxwell you disappoint me”.
Maxwell is in a state of exhaustion. Quin revels in his discomfort. ”I found the camera. I know who you really are.”
“Wait. I’ll take you to the rest of the money” pleads Maxwell.
But Quin is more concerned about something more important “You wrote all the newspaper stories” he shouts grabbing Maxwell by the hair. As he releases him he quietly says “They didn’t get any better and you never had any proof. They were just incidents; nothing to implicate me”. Then after a pause he continues “So you thought you’d get a photo”. Quin gestures to Allen and Garcia who lead Maxwell outside.

Quin tells the Contessa what happened to Maxwell “Out there in the gardens there’s a fresh grave. A writer, also English, decided to mind my business. He was very insistent; a real journalistic bulldog. I had to have him put down.”

A real bad Hombre.
"Now listen you guys, I don't wish to alarm you but there's some pretty weird things going on out here..."