Childrens' Film Foundation thread

Film, stage, music, books and so on...
Don Satchley
625 lines

Childrens' Film Foundation thread

Post by Don Satchley »

The BFI will soon be releasing another box set of CFF films.
Also, there was until recently an active yahoo group where all things CFF were discussed. Yahoo groups weere effectively closed a few montths ago so a new group has been formed here. Below is the info on the new release:

Children s Film Foundation Bumper Box Vol. 2 (DVD Box Set)

For over 30 years, The Children's Film Foundation produced quality entertainment for young audiences, employing the cream of British Filmmaking talent. Unavailable for years, these much-loved films finally make a welcome return to our screens in newly remastered editions.

The Bumper Box Collection Vol. 2 includes the following CFF adventures: Treasure at the Mill, Wings of Mystery, Seventy Deadly Pills, Go Kart Go, A Ghost of a Chance, The Sea Children, Sky Pirates, The Mine and the Minotaur and Friend or Foe. Those actors in early roles include Judy Geeson, Dennis Waterman and Simon Fisher Turner.

Special features

A Letter from the Isle of Wight (1953, 11 mins)
A Letter from Wales (1953, 15 mins)
A Letter from Ayrshire (1954, 11 mins)
Interview with John Krish, director of Friend or Foe
Interview with Simon Fisher Turner, one of the stars of The Sea Children
Fully illustrated booklet with new writing on the films by Vic Pratt

Al Dupres
405 lines

Re: Childrens' Film Foundation thread

Post by Al Dupres »

Ooh, ta.

Ordered.

Now if only they'd do something about releasing Danny The Dragon. I missed the final episode as we went on holiday on the day our local screened it. There were tears (and not just from Danny).

Al

Mark
Committee

Post by Mark »

Nice to see "Ghost Of A Chance" amongst the titles, not seen that since 80's repeats (CH4 I think) very good cast, they also screened "A Stitch In Time".
"A cup of Tea....Tea...Tea"

Blunderbirds
405 lines

Post by Blunderbirds »

I will pre-order this regardless but I seem to recall when it was first announced they were planning to include 2 serials aswell. Or was that on a Bluray with a movie by the same director? Or are the serials listed with the films too?