Comics starting with A etc.

From Buster to Wizard (I couldn't think of any comics beginning with 'A' and 'Z'...)
Private Frazer
D-MAC

Comics starting with A etc.

Post by Private Frazer »

From Buster to Wizard got me wondering what UK comic magazine titles started with A (or X,Y or Z)? One I found was a boys adventure comic, Action, (careful searching!) published 1976-77 http://ukcomics.wikia.com/wiki/Action

There might also be some starting "Young ..." (I was a member of the Young Ornithologists Club as a boy; maybe part of the RSPB and it sent or published a newsletter. I remember I had an article in it about a pigeon and a football, in the late 60's I think!)
"Now listen you guys, I don't wish to alarm you but there's some pretty weird things going on out here..."

David Savage
405 lines

Re: Comics starting with A etc.

Post by David Savage »

There were a few Ally Sloper titles, and D.C. Thomson had a long running story paper called Adventure. Y titles include Yogi Bear's Own comic in the Sixties and Yogi and His Toy in the Seventies (the first comic to have a gift every issue). There was a Fifties Odhams comic called Zip.

There were the Viz-inspired titles Acne and Zit.

There were a few "Young..."s like Young England, Young Britain, and Young Men of Great Britain, but they were those old text story papers for "the youth of the Empire" rather than picture strip titles.