The Arch of Time

From Buster to Wizard (I couldn't think of any comics beginning with 'A' and 'Z'...)
Bob Richardson
625 lines

The Arch of Time

Post by Bob Richardson »

As a child I'd wake up on Christmas morning to a pile of gift-wrapped annuals. They were usually the Beano, Dandy, Topper, Beezer, Black Bob, Rupert Bear and Oor Wullie/The Broons on alternate years. Aunts and uncles would sort out between them which they'd buy for me. Christmas Day and Boxing Day were usually peaceful, as I worked my way through them.

One of the annuals (Beezer, perhaps?) had a story called "The Arch of Time", about a time-travelling kid on a bicycle, who whizzed through a ruined old archway and found himself in the distant past. It wasn't a picture strip, but a text story with a couple of small illustrations. (I was one of those weird kids who preferred text stories, my favourite being "Black Bob, the Dandy Wonder Dog" which had lots of text, rather than word bubbles). "The Arch of Time" is one of those tales which sticks in the memory for reasons which are lost in the past, but I'd love to read it again as a 58-year-old adult to try and fathom out why I still remember it after almost half a century. Does anyone know which annual it appeared in?
"Forfar 5 - East Fife 4"

Don Satchley
625 lines

Re: The Arch of Time

Post by Don Satchley »

The Beezer Book of 1966 features the Arch of Time. Will have to check if it is 1st of 2 or the final story.
Don

Simon Coward
D-MAC

Post by Simon Coward »

And also in The Beezer Book for 1963.
We all have to eat a peck of dirt before we die.

Bernie
D-MAC

Post by Bernie »

eBay -
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/the-beezer-bo ... 882&_uhb=1

Ends 11 Dec, 2012 15:59:13 GMT

B

brigham
HD

Post by brigham »

Two different stories, in different Beezer annuals, I believe. The 'Arch' wasn't an arch in the drawing, it was a Stonehenge-type lintel on two uprights.