jillriddick
405 lines

Jill Riddick

Post by jillriddick »

stearn
Committee

Re: Jill Riddick

Post by stearn »

I'm sure there will be many members who will be fascinated by your career.

This board, however, isn't a trading one, and the only suggestion about obtaining copies of shows you were involved with would be to contact the companies involved as they will often be able to provide copies to contributors.

jillriddick
405 lines

Post by jillriddick »

Simon Coward
D-MAC

Post by Simon Coward »

Hello Jill, welcome to The Mausoleum Club.

Unfortunately, I'm sorry to say that quite a lot of your work hasn't been preserved in the archives.

The BBC hold only a handful of episodes of Not in Front of the Children and both the Z Cars and the Softly Softly you appeared in are lost too, though the production of Macbeth done for BBC Schools survives.

"Cecily", your episode of The Goodies, is out on DVD, of course, and are you aware that one of the last series you worked on, Thursday's Child, has recently been released on DVD in Germany?
We all have to eat a peck of dirt before we die.

jillriddick
405 lines

Post by jillriddick »

JWG
D-MAC

Post by JWG »

Simon Coward wrote:Hello Jill, welcome to The Mausoleum Club.

Unfortunately, I'm sorry to say that quite a lot of your work hasn't been preserved in the archives.

The BBC hold only a handful of episodes of Not in Front of the Children and both the Z Cars and the Softly Softly you appeared in are lost too, though the production of Macbeth done for BBC Schools survives.

"Cecily", your episode of The Goodies, is out on DVD, of course, and are you aware that one of the last series you worked on, Thursday's Child, has recently been released on DVD in Germany?
I haven't seen a reference to the Macbeth before,Simon.(I saw Jill's thread at Missing Episodes).'Thursday's Child' 1973 gets missed out sometimes,and since it's about film-making,I've been wondering if any scenes were filmed on location in the studio.If you see what I mean.
Jill also made an appearance in a Late Night Line-up in a section devoted to the stage musical of 'The Little Visiters'.

jillriddick
405 lines

Post by jillriddick »

Simon Coward
D-MAC

Post by Simon Coward »

JWG wrote: I haven't seen a reference to the Macbeth before,Simon.(I saw Jill's thread at Missing Episodes)
As far as I know, Jill only appears in part 3 (of 4) as Lady Macduff's daughter. It was first shown 25/10/1966. I only occasionally visit Missing Episodes and hadn't seen Jill's thread there.
JWG wrote: Jill also made an appearance in a Late Night Line-up in a section devoted to the stage musical of 'The Little Visiters'.
I was only going by our database, I hadn't thought to look up other sources. That's amazing - to find that a bit of LNLU that you want is still in existence.
We all have to eat a peck of dirt before we die.

JWG
D-MAC

Post by JWG »

Simon Coward wrote:
JWG wrote: I haven't seen a reference to the Macbeth before,Simon.(I saw Jill's thread at Missing Episodes)
As far as I know, Jill only appears in part 3 (of 4) as Lady Macduff's daughter. It was first shown 25/10/1966. I only occasionally visit Missing Episodes and hadn't seen Jill's thread there.
JWG wrote: Jill also made an appearance in a Late Night Line-up in a section devoted to the stage musical of 'The Little Visiters'.
I was only going by our database, I hadn't thought to look up other sources. That's amazing - to find that a bit of LNLU that you want is still in existence.
Well,I hope it does,and I haven't misread the motion Gallery entry! It's 19/12/1968,Jill's contribution is "vars" (?),and there's no mention of film or VT.So is it just a holding entry?

jillriddick
405 lines

Post by jillriddick »

Shaqui
625 lines

Post by Shaqui »

Hello Jill,

You probably retained photos but this is your Spotlight entry for Autumn 1966, and mentions some of your work.

Shaqui
625 lines

Post by Shaqui »

Your photo in the next edition, Spring 1967, is the same but additionally lists Jackanory (BBC), and Dixon of Dock Green (BBC).

jillriddick
405 lines

Post by jillriddick »

Shaqui
625 lines

Post by Shaqui »

Hello Jill,

Yes, that is the problem with the IMDB, as originally it started as a movie database which expanded to other audio visual work like TV. Radio and theatre databases/publications are less prevalent but some do exist.

Beaker
625 lines

Post by Beaker »

Have you tried the BBC's contributor access scheme?

Basically, if you've been in a programme and they have it, you can obtain a copy on DVD. It is far from cheap, but might be worth a go.

https://faq.external.bbc.co.uk/template ... butorTerms
If I were creating the world I wouldn't mess about with butterflies and daffodils. I would have started with lasers, eight o'clock, Day One!

fatcat
D-MAC

Post by fatcat »

Jill.
You seem to have been one amongst many who did not cross the wobbly bridge between child and adult actor?
- your thoughts on that would be most welcome.

Heads up for Network - A forgotten B picture filler of 1970s morning and afternoon TV 'The Little Ones' movie is probably one of those maturing wines that gets better with age?- on charm alone I reckon it would be a welcome release?

Peter Neill
625 lines

Post by Peter Neill »

Shaqui wrote:Hello Jill,

Yes, that is the problem with the IMDB, as originally it started as a movie database which expanded to other audio visual work like TV. Radio and theatre databases/publications are less prevalent but some do exist.
Yes, it started as an academic project but is now owned by Amazon so is heavily biased towards what they can sell.

fatcat
D-MAC

Post by fatcat »

Peter Neill wrote:
Shaqui wrote:Hello Jill,

Yes, it started as an academic project but is now owned by Amazon so is heavily biased towards what they can sell.

Plenty of obscure stuff on it now that is not easy to sell but may inspire somebody to find it?

Shaqui
625 lines

Post by Shaqui »

Here's Jill's Spotlight entry for Spring 1975 which lists, as some have mentioned above, her last TV work in 'Thursdays Child'.

TonyCurrie
625 lines

Post by TonyCurrie »

I note that all of Jill's posts have disappeared. Perhaps she decided that this wasn't a safe place to be?

John Williams
Committee

Post by John Williams »

I'm afraid that for quite a while there has been someone going around on various forums pretending to be various child actresses. All a bit odd. We gave this one the benefit of the doubt but it's no huge surprise that the person has suddenly vanished.

I'll lock this thread now, but it's worth bearing in mind that if someone crops up on a forum in the near future claiming to be a former child actress then you should probably regard them with some scepticism.

That's not a sentence I ever imagined myself writing.