New ITV Sit-Com shock!

What's currently on the box
Mark
Committee

New ITV Sit-Com shock!

Post by Mark »

ITV started a new Sit-Com last night, between the two "Corrie" episodes.

"Kate And Koji" ( Hat Trick) starring Brenda Blethyn and Jimmy Akingbola, written by Andy Hamilton and Guy Jenkin, set in a café run by Kate and her one customer Koji.

It was very good, as you would expect from those writers and reminded me of the good old days of Thames Comedies. I hope this leads to a revival of the genre, I don't want to get too optimistic, but more of this and less of 'Celebrity' style shows would be more than welcome by me.
"A cup of Tea....Tea...Tea"

Ian Wegg
625 lines

Re: New ITV Sit-Com shock!

Post by Ian Wegg »

I totally agree this is a real gem. The second episode last night had me laughing out loud from the start.

Matty
405 lines

Post by Matty »

Terrific news - I will definitely check this out as I'm a fan of the writers and the performers, a steady hand all round.

Cole
625 lines

Post by Cole »

Just caught up with this and found it very entertaining and some nice mocking on modern life. Thought it was only me who missed the 'two fingered salute!"

It took a moment to recognise Jimmy Akingbola from his stint on Holby City (as "The Malik").

Mark
Committee

Post by Mark »

Tonight's was another cracker, as Ian said, laugh out loud, loved that bit with the customer glued to his phone, and so true!, I might even get the DVD ( if there is one!) hope there's more to come.

Nice to see Rosalind Ayres, as well.

brigham
D-MAC

Post by brigham »

Put me down for a DVD too!
I've not seen any new TV comedy for years.

Mark
Committee

Post by Mark »

It's about time ITV got back into this genre, especially with all these miserable bleak dramas we get now.