4 extra slimmed down schedule

The good stuff on the wireless and in the shops
jeffcv
405 lines

4 extra slimmed down schedule

Post by jeffcv »

During the pandemic crisis, the Radio 4 extra announcer occasionally says something to the effect that the schedule has been trimmed down - but in what way? What are the differences?

Brock
HD

Re: 4 extra slimmed down schedule

Post by Brock »

I don't know exactly - I think they're calling it a "simplified" schedule. They've changed the timings of some programmes, but it doesn't seem any simpler than the old one to me. I may investigate.

The other thing I've noticed is that there are no longer announcements for individual programmes - there are just generic ones for "an hour of comedy" or whatever. All the announcements on 4 Extra are pre-recorded anyway, but it looks as though they've reduced the number of recorded announcements to a bare minimum. Perhaps there are no facilities for recording them at the moment.

Private Frazer
D-MAC

Post by Private Frazer »

There may be fewer programmes as yesterdays Desert Island Disks - revisited (Michael Crawford) I listened to at 11am and then was on again late afternoon, which I thought was odd (repeats would usually be in the evening).
"Now listen you guys, I don't wish to alarm you but there's some pretty weird things going on out here..."

Brock
HD

Post by Brock »

Brock wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:37 am
The other thing I've noticed is that there are no longer announcements for individual programmes - there are just generic ones for "an hour of comedy" or whatever.
Which don't always work: I've just heard an announcement for "an hour of the very best vintage comedy from the 50s, 60s and 70s" - followed by an episode of Clare in the Community from 2013!