Doomwatch--What missing episode would you like to see?

What's not currently on the box
ArchiveTvfan43
405 lines

Doomwatch--What missing episode would you like to see?

Post by ArchiveTvfan43 »

It is a great little show and some issues in it are relevant today. However some episodes are lost. The majority of Series 3 and 3 episodes from series 1.what lost episode would you like to see (or see again if you got to see the original transmission.) If you did do you have any memories of them?

Ian K McL
405 lines

Re: Doomwatch--What missing episode would you like to see?

Post by Ian K McL »

I would like to see again any of the missing episodes but in particular 2 episodes of season 3 focussing on Dr. John Ridge - Cause of Death and Fire and Brimstone.

Private Frazer
D-MAC

Post by Private Frazer »

It would be interesting to see how well the Series 3 episode 'Flood' worked; I like any of the environmental ones (and just watched Re-Entry Forbidden).
"Now listen you guys, I don't wish to alarm you but there's some pretty weird things going on out here..."

ArchiveTvfan43
405 lines

Post by ArchiveTvfan43 »

I don't know if you have seen it but I think I found 2 publicity photos from "flood" it might be from another episode but I'm not sure https://www.rexfeatures.com/search/?kw= ... _submit=Go

If this link isn't allowed then delete it.

ArchiveTvfan43
405 lines

Post by ArchiveTvfan43 »

Scroll down the photo until the you find the photo with quist next to the Thames

Private Frazer
D-MAC

Post by Private Frazer »

I see he's testing the water, so it could be from 'Flood' or another one about pollution/chemicals.
"Now listen you guys, I don't wish to alarm you but there's some pretty weird things going on out here..."

Mark
Committee

Post by Mark »

I'd love to see any missing episodes turn up, but preferred series 1, although I would like to see again, the series 3 episode "Say Knife, Fat Man" ( not just because Elisabeth Sladen is in it either) it was a good idea!

Memories are fading with time, but shocking moments stay with you, and Toby Wren's demise is one of them, that's certainly an episode I'd like to see again.! (can't believe it wasn't kept).

Ridge was my favourite character, Simon Oates was superb in the role.
"A cup of Tea....Tea...Tea"

cdnbob
625 lines

Post by cdnbob »

Yes, I'd be happy seeing any lost Doomwatch episode show up.

ArchiveTvfan43
405 lines

Post by ArchiveTvfan43 »

Apparently Say Knife, Fat man from series 3 was sent as a B&W film recording to Australia as a audition print, Australia decided not to purchase series 3 and who knows what happened to the print?... What's strange is a complete set of film recordings exist for series 2 and it would seem likely that all of series 3 was film recorded although what happened to the negatives (if all episodes were telerecorded) is unknown.

cdnbob
625 lines

Post by cdnbob »

I know the series was sold to the CBC and it was broadcast here. I don't recall it being on mind you I was probably around 11 or 12 when the CBC aired it and I don't think my parents would have let me stay up to watch it.

ArchiveTvfan43
405 lines

Post by ArchiveTvfan43 »

2 episodes from series 1 Tommorow, the rat and the episode train and de train and the majority of series 2 except the last episode, are all from Canadian NTSC tapes that were returned in the 80s or early 90s,these were used in the dvd release

ArchiveTvfan43
405 lines

Post by ArchiveTvfan43 »

So it may be that only 2 episodes from series 1 was sold to the CBC as part of a deal or was the whole of series 1 sold but the rest of the tapes got misplaced??

Private Frazer
D-MAC

Post by Private Frazer »

Mark wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 11:44 pm
...Memories are fading with time, but shocking moments stay with you, and Toby Wren's demise is one of them, that's certainly an episode I'd like to see again.! (can't believe it wasn't kept)...
'You Killed Toby Wren' (S2E1) exists.

ArchiveTvfan43
405 lines

Post by ArchiveTvfan43 »

I think he meant the last episode of series 1, survival code. Although some footage of the final moments of that episode appear in the beggining of you killed Toby Wren

Private Frazer
D-MAC

Post by Private Frazer »

See now; I never realised it was a re-cap!

Mark
Committee

Post by Mark »

Yes, "Survival Code", there was an audio recreation made and put on YT, although it seems to have gone now, but the script is in the "Doomwatch" book, OOP I think, sadly.
"A cup of Tea....Tea...Tea"

paul.austin
625 lines

Post by paul.austin »

By rights, much of the early 1970s "Doctor Who"s should be missing too. Blimey, Who fans are very lucky to have a full set of Pertwee.

ArchiveTvfan43
405 lines

Post by ArchiveTvfan43 »

The only PAL master tapes to survive from series 7 and 8 are The ambassadors of death Part 1, The Claws of axos Part 1, The claws of axos Part 4 and the daemons Part 4.All look great compared the NTSC tapes for other episodes and decent but not as good film recordings. Such a shame the NTSC tapes that were sent to America weren't kept considering America is known to have held on to more TV shows although they are still guilty of the wiping sin. Day of the daleks is the earliest story where all master PAL tapes still exist possibly the story was left untouched because it was a significant story due to it being the return of the daleks and the the first time they were seen in in colour (in doctor who)

brigham
HD

Post by brigham »

I've never seen the feature-length spin-off.
Is it worth a punt?

ArchiveTvfan43
405 lines

Post by ArchiveTvfan43 »

I haven't seen the film either but I've heard it's fairly good

ArchiveTvfan43
405 lines

Post by ArchiveTvfan43 »

I hope this is Ok to post, the whole film is on YouTube and the uploader seems to legitimate.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EG1kSfB9sbY