Coming soon on Freeview Channels

What's currently on the box
fatcat
D-MAC

Re: Coming soon on Freeview Channels

Post by fatcat »

Is Forces TV on Ch.97?

I did manage to catch a Two in Clover the Sid James/Victor Spinetti comedy on Forces TV...but Forces TV has gone again from my menu.

Quite a lot of channel number shuffling going on at the moment, CBS Justice (The Fugitive/Perry Mason etc ) is changing number next week
and Horror... Star Trek etc has moved to ch.68

stearn
Committee

Post by stearn »

I retuned last night to get SkyArts and noticed that TalkingPictures had moved which meant I had to edit the timer recordings. TPTV was 97 on my setup and moved to 99. 97 seemed to be Dave Ja Vu for me.

Brian F
D-MAC

Post by Brian F »

fatcat wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:55 am
Is Forces TV on Ch.97?

No Chan 96, 97 was a 3hr a day early hours of the morning reservation for an ITV channel, I believe was just a place holder.

In London TPTV is still on chan. 81 for me.

fatcat
D-MAC

Post by fatcat »

London Live Ch.8
Seem to have got hold of the Harry Towers Archive..Harry Alan Towers (for those not familiar) was a businessman that just happened to see the emerging television scene in the 50s as a new business opportunity, he knocked out lots of stuff, serials like The Gay Cavalier(now lost) etc and various B pictures (shot with television cameras for quick turn around) which if he could not sell to cinema he then sold to the new ITV as plays. After the 50s he seemed to have got bored and gone off to do something else.

Anyway London Live has been showing the Towers' series The Mantovani Show a wonderfully odd 50s music show curio with notable guests. Which does not seem to be listed anywhere in the usual places so perhaps it did better abroad? Apparently 39 episodes made.

TPTV start showing Upstairs Downstairs in early December

Mark
Committee

Post by Mark »

TPTV will probably be showing the B/W episodes of "UpDown", not shown in previous repeats on ITV4.
"A cup of Tea....Tea...Tea"

fatcat
D-MAC

Post by fatcat »

Mark wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:33 am
TPTV will probably be showing the B/W episodes of "UpDown", not shown in previous repeats on ITV4.
Yes they are not afraid of a bit of monochrome LOL

Mark
Committee

Post by Mark »

fatcat wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:59 pm
Mark wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:33 am
Yes they are not afraid of a bit of monochrome LOL
If only some of the other channels would get over their phobia of it!
"A cup of Tea....Tea...Tea"