Astonishing Spider-man UK relaunch

From Buster to Wizard (I couldn't think of any comics beginning with 'A' and 'Z'...)
Cole
625 lines

Astonishing Spider-man UK relaunch

Post by Cole »

Dusting the cob-webs off this board (pun intended) I thought that it worth a mention about Panini's re-launch of their UK reprint Marvel titles: more specifically The Astonishing Spider-man.

As someone who hasn't read any Spider-man since 2001, I thought that this week's re-launch of Astonishing Spider-man vol.6 no.1 would be a good point to jump back on board. I must have spent a small fortune on the various Spider titles over the years (Spider-man Comics Weekly, Super Spider-man etc) including many of the US imports.

However, the Spider-man I grew up with is a very very different Spidey to what is presented now. Peter Parker is now a cross between Tony Stark (although they pretty much admit that fact in the latest issue's storyline) and Bruce Wayne. Spider-man is almost a super-powered Batman, resplendent in his Spider-mobile and with utility belts around his wrists.

However, storyline aside, it was kind of nice to still see a title from my very young days still holds some weight on the newsagent shelves.