A Sharpe Intake of Breath - on Gold (UKTV)

What's currently on the box
ozsat
625 lines

A Sharpe Intake of Breath - on Gold (UKTV)

Post by ozsat »

ATV series 'A Sharpe Intake of Breath' starring David Jason starts a run on Gold on 21 August - and includes the Pilot episode.

SgtPepper
625 lines

Re: A Sharpe Intake of Breath - on Gold (UKTV)

Post by SgtPepper »

Has anyone been watching the recent new three part story of David Jason's life on screen? There was a reasonable look at most of his roles including a reunion with his "brother" from Lucky Feller. However the only mention of A Sharp Intake of Breath was in passing and a quick flash of him having a casserole poured over him. Unlike some of the others it actually went for two series.

Mark
Committee

Post by Mark »

I have seen the first two, but have yet to see the one that concentrates on his drama roles.

It was great to see the re-union with Palin at Wembley studios to chat about "Do Not Adjust Your Set", although it was also very upsetting, as it was the last time to see before the wreckers moved in.

I was glad to see "Edgar Briggs" and "Lucky Feller" get prominent coverage, with more re-unions, but perhaps time restraints ruled out anything substantial on "ASIOB".

Four series of "ASIOB", which have been shown on Gold, caught one or two of them ( have the DVD's) it's still odd seeing "Wheels", with Jason largely saying and doing the same as Sid James in the "Bless This House" episode, "A Rolls By Any Other Name".
"A cup of Tea....Tea...Tea"

jno
405 lines

Post by jno »

The only reason I have been tuning in to this was to catch Diana Malin (who was in Minder) appearing in various extras roles. Overall, I thought ASIOB was pretty hit and miss affair in terms of the humour, more miss than hit. I wasn't sure on the breaking of the fourth wall and sadly laughs were few and far between. Lucky Feller was a much more enjoyable series I thought - nevertheless, nice to see them back on TV again.

Mark
Committee

Post by Mark »

I thought the earlier ones were better, one or two of the later ones were a bit of a struggle, such as the tatty Caravan one.
"A cup of Tea....Tea...Tea"