Made in Yorkshire (2018)

What's not currently on the box
Tim D
405 lines

Made in Yorkshire (2018)

Post by Tim D »

With the 50th anniversary of the 1968 ITV franchise reshuffle coming up this summer, I thought I'd share this link to what looks like an interesting personal project being put together by some of the Shiver TV guys based at ITV in Leeds. It's worth a look if you're interested in the history of Yorkshire Television.

Made in Yorkshire

ITMA
405 lines

Re: Made in Yorkshire (2018)

Post by ITMA »

It would be an interesting film to see. Seems they're well short of their target.

£15 is far too steep a pledge for a digital product that might never get made. £10 for nothing is a total and utter p*ss take.

£5 for a digital download and I would have pledged.

Nick Cooper 625
D-MAC

Post by Nick Cooper 625 »

A £25 pledge for a DVD is pretty ridiculous, as well.

Most of the crowd-funding I've taken part of has been great, but a couple of things have gone truly horribly wrong, and everyone got screwed over. Like gambling, people should only pledge what they can afford to lose, and some projects put the bar far too high.
"Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo." [Wells]

Billy Smart
625 lines

Post by Billy Smart »

Post Production will take place over the summer, aiming to complete the film for Autumn 2018.
Hmm... No updates ever. I wonder if I'll ever see anything for my £25...

sdaonline
405 lines

Post by sdaonline »

Billy Smart wrote:
Post Production will take place over the summer, aiming to complete the film for Autumn 2018.
Hmm... No updates ever. I wonder if I'll ever see anything for my £25...
They are mistakingly putting updates in the comments section

Chevron Films
3 months ago

There’s lots going on over the next couple of months with filming and editing on Made In Yorkshire.

Keep an eye on our social media channels @madeinyorksfilm on twitter, and @madeinyorkshirefilm on instagram for behind the scenes updates.

fatcat
D-MAC

Post by fatcat »

Considering the amazing little films (on a plethora of subjects) put together on You Tube, on cameras probably costing less than a couple of hundred pounds it follows that if you love your subject then love will find a way without an initial budget. If it's good then people will still buy it without a professional touch that a funded film might have, and rights owners of any clips used (if they are used in a positive way) would probably negotiate a deal on sales only rather than a pre-production purchase.