BBC Archive drama catalogue - recoveries and discoveries

What's not currently on the box
Billy Smart
625 lines

BBC Archive drama catalogue - recoveries and discoveries

Post by Billy Smart »

I thought that it might be useful to have a general thread for these matters when new information comes up.

Here's a welcome correction. Willy Russell's BBC Birmingham Play For Today, The Death Of A Young Young Man (30 January 1975), which had been cataloged as incomplete (with only its first reel surviving), does actually exist in its entirety.

Billy Smart
625 lines

Re: BBC Archive drama catalogue - recoveries and discoveries

Post by Billy Smart »

Here's one that came up the other day. The first two reels (i.e. 50 minutes of a 75 minute play) Sunday Night Play: The Long Memory (BBC 13 May 1962) survive in the BBC Archives. The programme had been listed by Kaleidoscope/ TV Brain as entirely missing.

Simon36
HD

Re: BBC Archive drama catalogue - recoveries and discoveries

Post by Simon36 »

Billy Smart wrote:I thought that it might be useful to have a general thread for these matters when new information comes up.

Here's a welcome correction. Willy Russell's BBC Birmingham Play For Today, The Death Of A Young Young Man (30 January 1975), which had been cataloged as incomplete (with only its first reel surviving), does actually exist in its entirety.
The same with DORAN’S BOX, which was I think listed as missing in the Kaleidoscope guide I had many years ago, but in fact was happily sitting in the BBC archives the whole time, just wrongly filed.