PR: Love Thy Neighbour: The Complete Series [Network]

What's not currently on the box
Mr_Wolf
Potentate in Perpetuity

PR: Love Thy Neighbour: The Complete Series [Network]

Post by Mr_Wolf »

You can choose your friends, but whether you live in a back-to-back, a suburban semi or a mansion, you can rarely choose your neighbours...

Highly popular – and more than a little controversial – Love Thy Neighbour consistently appeared in the top three programmes of the week throughout the majority of its eight series run – even its repeats reached the top of the charts! Its comic spin on racism, politics and general childish antagonism was loved by millions and remains a firm favourite to this day.

This complete-series set comprises the unscreened pilot episode, all eight series – in their intended running order for the first time, the Christmas 1972 short sketch for All Star Comedy Carnival, the 1973 New Year Special and a brand-new transfer of the 1973 feature film from its original film elements in its as-exhibited aspect ratio. All episodes are presented complete and uncut and have been remastered from the best available materials.

http://networkonair.com/shop/2459-love- ... eries.html

Stop quoting the law. We have swords.

JWG
D-MAC

Re: PR: Love Thy Neighbour: The Complete Series [Network]

Post by JWG »

Listed @ £56.96 at Amazon.

Aaron76
405 lines

Post by Aaron76 »

The cover artwork needs amending: no need for an apostrophe after 70s.
Little things like that will bug me every time I look at it.

SgtPepper
625 lines

Post by SgtPepper »

Get ready for another round of complaints about an episode that people think is missing.

David Smith
405 lines

Post by David Smith »

Aaron76 wrote:The cover artwork needs amending: no need for an apostrophe after 70s.
No? It's possessive, isn't it?

To my mind it should have one before - for the omission of "19"...

JWG
D-MAC

Post by JWG »

I think there's enough of a problem with 'The Complete series'.I get it that Network want to stress that this set comprises everything,but that includes 8 series.To the casual eye,it might only have run for one year.Putting "All 8 series" might have had more oomph.Join my campaign for the plural word 'seriesesses'.