PR: The Life and Times of David Lloyd George [Network]

What's not currently on the box
Mr_Wolf
Potentate in Perpetuity

PR: The Life and Times of David Lloyd George [Network]

Post by Mr_Wolf »

Philip Madoc gives a career-best performance as one of Britain's most revered, inspiring – and controversial – leaders in this celebrated BBC series. Scripted by BAFTA-winning Elaine Morgan with input from leading historian A.J.P. Taylor – and with famously haunting theme music by Ennio Morricone – The Life and Times of David Lloyd George paints a multifaceted portrait of a political icon who steered Britain through the First World War and its aftermath, and whose pioneering reforms laid the foundations of the welfare state.

Brought up in a remote Welsh village, on his way to the top Lloyd George inspires both hysterical adoration and an enmity bordering on bloodlust. A passionate social reformer, his struggle to lift the spectres of poverty and the workhouse provokes the ire of the political establishment, while his indefatigable womanising fills many a gossip column; his political dexterity as the Liberal prime minister of a wartime coalition government, however, raised him to a new level of power and influence.

http://networkonair.com/shop/2552-life- ... 58843.html

Stop quoting the law. We have swords.

ctraynor
D-MAC

Re: PR: The Life and Times of David Lloyd George [Network]

Post by ctraynor »

Always wanted to catch up with this. Missed all but a few snippets at the time.

Richard A
625 lines

Post by Richard A »

I have memories of this series being very good indeed. A definite buy and an excellent entry in the first wave of the new Network/BBC deal.

Mark
Committee

Post by Mark »

Richard A wrote:I have memories of this series being very good indeed. A definite buy and an excellent entry in the first wave of the new Network/BBC deal.
Me too, and what a superb Actor, Phillip Madoc was.

Not to mention the haunting theme (bought the single at the time) and with the recent repeats of "Top Of The Pops", every time I play the theme in my head, the lovely Legs And Co are dancing to it.!
"A cup of Tea....Tea...Tea"

Xrds1895
405 lines

Post by Xrds1895 »

What a welcome release! Yep, this will do nicely!

Andy Marriott
625 lines

Post by Andy Marriott »

Great series and the only one that I know of where the film inserts are clearer than the studio VT!