Journey of a Lifetime - Network release

What's not currently on the box
fatcat
D-MAC

Journey of a Lifetime - Network release

Post by fatcat »

Just another mention for Network's rather quietly released Journey of a Lifetime 1961

An early colour programme from ABC. Not a preachy religious show but more of a thought-provoking travelogue

around the Holy land and parts of the Middle East in more peaceful times (perhaps all the opposing sides should view this).

A bargain at £12 for the 15-minute episodes totalling around 550 minutes in all.

No Blueray but this looks smashing as it is on DVD.

ian b
D-MAC

Re: Journey of a Lifetime - Network release

Post by ian b »

There most definitely is a blu-ray...

https://networkonair.com/all-products/3 ... e-blu-ray-

fatcat
D-MAC

Post by fatcat »

ian b wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 8:41 pm
There most definitely is a blu-ray...

https://networkonair.com/all-products/3 ... e-blu-ray-
Oh yes I didn't see that £13
I tend to give up searching the Network site, I find it like wading through treacle.

Mark
Committee

Post by Mark »

Nice release.

Wasn't it this series that Church goers missed some programmes, so copies were lent to them to watch?
"A cup of Tea....Tea...Tea"

Mark
Committee

Post by Mark »

Mark wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 9:18 pm
Nice release.

Wasn't it this series that some Church goers missed some programmes, so copies were lent to them to watch?

fatcat
D-MAC

Post by fatcat »

Mark wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 9:18 pm
Nice release.

Wasn't it this series that Church goers missed some programmes, so copies were lent to them to watch?
The copies were more for educational establishments I think, as it was not pushing religion but more a historical mini drama, travelogue.
But obviously, the sites they were visiting were related to locations of religious stories and TV bosses probably saying "phew we have got something other than a man of the cloth preaching for the god slot"
Certainly the BBC,ATV and ABC at least, you could call them and if you were some nice bona fide org and you wanted to emphasize some message or other they would lend you a programme from their educational div often for free.

Brian F
D-MAC

Post by Brian F »

I'm sure we had a World in Action (and maybe also a Survival) 16mm print shown in General Studies lesson in technical college in the early 1970's so I can confirm that.

yellowtriumph
405 lines

Post by yellowtriumph »

We were shown the first two editions from Granada’s UP series as part of our general studies sessions in the early 70’s. These were hired in 16mm prints - so a commercial arrangement somewhere.

Mark
Committee

Post by Mark »

Oh yes, probably to do with that with "Journey Of A Lifetime".

I should have remembered that, as a family member who was a teacher used to order VHS copies of the BBC Shakespeare series, up until the 90's, I think.