On the buses blu ray in future?

What's not currently on the box
ArchiveTvfan43
625 lines

On the buses blu ray in future?

Post by ArchiveTvfan43 »

Would love to see a blu ray release of all 3 on the buses films, I would assume the original film elements (negatives still exist) the steptoe and son films could do with a similar restoration.

ozsat
625 lines

Re: On the buses blu ray in future?

Post by ozsat »

Would love to see the On The Buses films in a good format. I also thought the films were much better than the series which suffered as it went on far too long.

Steptoe & Son I found the films were not so good as the series - but would still by bluray.

Mark
Committee

Post by Mark »

ozsat wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:04 pm
Would love to see the On The Buses films in a good format. I also thought the films were much better than the series which suffered as it went on far too long.

Steptoe & Son I found the films were not so good as the series - but would still by bluray.
I think the films deserve a bluray release, would be good.

I like the films but I much preferred the series, I'm not sure it ran too long, more that other writers were brought in, and it's never as good as the original writers managed, ( supposedly one of the reasons Robbins left).

It's often the case, same thing happened to "Please Sir!.

Also the films are a lot cruder, to say the least.

One film I'd like to see which hasn't even had a DVD release yet, is "Never Mind The Quality, Feel The Width".
"A cup of Tea....Tea...Tea"

Simon36
HD

Post by Simon36 »

[align=left][/alignleft]
ozsat wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:04 pm

I rather like the second Steptoe film, but the first one… blimey.

Blunderbirds
405 lines

Post by Blunderbirds »

The first On the Buses movie has had an HD broadcast so that one at least is ready. Not seen HD versions of the other 2 but I would expect Network or Studio Canal to see the sense in releasing all 3 in one set for an eventual Bluray.
Even with a Bluray recorder not worth capturing as broadcasts are usually cut