Programme ending with Dandelion Seeds being blown away...?

What's not currently on the box
Zokko!
405 lines

Programme ending with Dandelion Seeds being blown away...?

Post by Zokko! »

I'm really desperate for some concrete evidence of which Watch With Mother show ended with footage of dandelion seeds being blown away whilst an off-screen voice intoned 'one o'clock... two o'clock...' etc. I personally remember this being the colour remake of Andy Pandy, as do several other reliable sources, but it's missing from all the episodes that were released on video, and another equally reliable source insists it was actually the videotaped late seventies show How Do You Do. I'd be really grateful if anyone could shed any light on this, even if it's just from hazy memory. Incidentally, I know there's an article on Off The Telly that quite definitively states it was Andy Pandy... but that was written by me!!

Many thanks if you can help...

Doom Patrol
625 lines

Re: Programme ending with Dandelion Seeds being blown away..

Post by Doom Patrol »

I would have said Andy Pandy until I read your post properly and you seem to have discounted it. In fact I would have sworn to it. Black and white though. However, I think possibly you might be getting confused with the petals of a flower as thinking about it now I really don't remember a dandelion specifically. That might indicate Bill and Ben maybe? The memory is a funny old thing.

Zokko!
405 lines

Post by Zokko! »

Doom Patrol wrote:I would have said Andy Pandy until I read your post properly and you seem to have discounted it. In fact I would have sworn to it. However, I think possibly you might be getting confused with the petals of a flower as thinking about it now I really don't remember a dandelion specifically. That might indicate Bill and Ben maybe? The memory is a funny old thing.
I've not discounted it at all, I just want to be absolutely certain! I'd still say it was that myself, but it's proving almost impossible to prove. But this definitely, definitely was a dandelion, in full colour close-up against a blue sky...

Doom Patrol
625 lines

Post by Doom Patrol »

Don't mind me, I'm rambling. I added that it might be the black and white episodes. Have you checked those?

Richard A
625 lines

Post by Richard A »

Well, you've triggered a memory for me too, but I'm also struggling to remember exactly what it was from! I shall ponder...

Zokko!
405 lines

Post by Zokko! »

Do you mind?! I'm way too young to remember the black and white ones!!!!!!!!

Doom Patrol
625 lines

Post by Doom Patrol »

There were some released on DVD. Unfortunately I don't have the capacity to readily play them. I might see what I can do over the weekend.

Missing Pixel
Baird 30-line Televisor

Post by Missing Pixel »

Though far from Watch With Mother, could you perhaps be remembering the famous 1964 Lyndon B Johnson political advert? B&W footage shows a girl counting as she plucks the petals of a flower. The sound of her counting fades into a man counting down to a nuclear blast.

Zokko!
405 lines

Post by Zokko! »

Missing Pixel wrote:Though far from Watch With Mother, could you perhaps be remembering the famous 1964 Lyndon B Johnson political advert? B&W footage shows a girl counting as she plucks the petals of a flower. The sound of her counting fades into a man counting down to a nuclear blast.
Nope, definitely not - this was colour, the late seventies, and the Watch With Mother timeslot!

spflog1
625 lines

Post by spflog1 »

So, not Carl Sagan's excellent series Cosmos then?

He was always getting blown away on a dandelion seed. He may also have got blown away on another type of plant as well.

Alice80
405 lines

Post by Alice80 »

Is your memory in film or animation?

I had a vague memory of the same but in cartoon form - I thought it was the series Joe, but the screencaps I found don't show it...