Adventures of Robin Hood TPTV

What's currently on the box
fatcat
D-MAC

Adventures of Robin Hood TPTV

Post by fatcat »

Perhaps someone can confirm but it looks like TPTV has given up on screening anymore ITC Robin Hood episodes?

I say given up as we know there were loads more left..perhaps they ran out of steam with the viewers? who beg for archive
programmes but then get tired of watching them LOL

I suspect that The Main Chance maybe not long for the TP world too, although it is a busy programme that seems technically well put together it does all look a bit flat,dark and dismal (not like the Thames B/Ws or even NHP)..perhaps colour will make it more appealing?

Simon Coward
D-MAC

Re: Adventures of Robin Hood TPTV

Post by Simon Coward »

Not sure what you mean by 'given up'. The last 'new' episode was "The Prisoner" shown just four days ago (06/06/2021 at 17:30). There was a repeat of another only two days ago (08/06/2021 at 09:30) and three more repeats are currently scheduled at weekly intervals from that one and there may be more for all I know, the published schedule doesn't yet go beyond 4 July.

Although I've not found a listing for "The Challenge" it otherwise appears that they've completed series one and so it seems quite natural (given the way the channel operates) that they're repeating the last few episodes from that at the moment before - perhaps - showing more. I'm not sure there's much that can be read into their schedules at the moment.
We all have to eat a peck of dirt before we die.

Mark
Committee

Post by Mark »

I think "Robin Hood" has been quite popular, they had actually got into the first series and then stopped and started it again from the first episode, supposedly because some had missed it's debut.

I'm sure "The Main Chance" will do well, it's an excellent series, and it's not like the channels viewers are not used to B/W, would be better at 9pm though!
"A cup of Tea....Tea...Tea"

David Boothroyd
625 lines

Post by David Boothroyd »

Mark wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:59 am
I'm sure "The Main Chance" will do well, it's an excellent series, and it's not like the channels viewers are not used to B/W, would be better at 9pm though!
Wouldn't matter too much as only the first series (six episodes) are B/W. It doesn't really find its feet until series 2.

Mark
Committee

Post by Mark »

Yes, it's a short series, but I'm sure the audience for the channel won't think anything of it.

With Forces TV, also a good channel for Archive shows, they do show "Please Sir!", and although they do show the first B/W series, it's always shown very late or even in the middle of the night.

The fact that it's also a 45 min format, may partly affect it, but it's a shame it's not shown earlier.
"A cup of Tea....Tea...Tea"

fatcat
D-MAC

Post by fatcat »

Ah I see so it's the end of the first series of Robin Hood so maybe they buy them in seasons and it will be back with the second season at some point.

I noticed Main Chance was produced by Peter Willes (formally at AR) prolific producer of high-standard stuff, including many single plays that is a seam worth mining on its own.

ozsat
625 lines

Post by ozsat »

Talking Pictures have shown all 39 episodes of Series 1 - with the exception of Episode 7 ( The Challenge) which was skipped for some reason.

Simon Coward
D-MAC

Post by Simon Coward »

ozsat wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:31 pm
Talking Pictures have shown all 39 episodes of Series 1 - with the exception of Episode 7 ( The Challenge) which was skipped for some reason.
So that definitely was missed, then? I knew they hadn't listed it but I did wonder whether the extra listings for "The Knight Who Came To Dinner" were reflected by what was shown.
We all have to eat a peck of dirt before we die.

ozsat
625 lines

Post by ozsat »

I'll see if I got any recorded from TPTV.

'The Knight Who Came to Dinner' does appear where you would expect both episode 7 and 37 to appear.

However, they list "The Night Who Came To Dinner" as 1956 where you would expect E37 to be - while the other E7 as a 1955 date.

To confuse matters both were shown in Nov 1955 by ATV London.

Simon Coward wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:31 am
ozsat wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:31 pm
So that definitely was missed, then? I knew they hadn't listed it but I did wonder whether the extra listings for "The Knight Who Came To Dinner" were reflected by what was shown.

ozsat
625 lines

Post by ozsat »

I've checked the recordings and the episode between 6 and 8 was 'The Knight Who Came to Dinner'.

This weekend is the episode between 36 and 38 which is listing again as 'The Knight Who Came to Dinner' - which hopefully is actually 'The Challenge'