Andy Marriott's Television Show

The good stuff on the wireless and in the shops
Brock
HD

Re: Andy Marriott's Television Show

Post by Brock »

The difference in the age demographic may be reflected by the fact that he's just played the Keith Mansfield theme for Grandstand. On Serenade it was always "News Scoop".

David Ballard
405 lines

Post by David Ballard »

It seems that the Andy Marriott Teklevision Show gets another outing, starting at 6pm today, on another sister station Solid Gold GEM.

https://solidgoldgemam.co.uk/shows/andy-marriott/

EDIT: I think these may be repeats of the Serenade programmes. Some of the links sounds familiar.

Brock
HD

Post by Brock »

Returning to Serenade Radio for a two-hour special at 1pm on Bank Holiday Monday. The weekly shows will resume in June.

Brock
HD

Post by Brock »

Finally back in its regular Saturday slot on Serenade Radio tomorrow at 5pm.

Mark
Committee

Post by Mark »

Brock wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:54 pm
Finally back in its regular Saturday slot on Serenade Radio tomorrow at 5pm.
Great, hopefully more new themes to enjoy.
"A cup of Tea....Tea...Tea"

Brock
HD

Post by Brock »

After a run of fairly predictable programmes I thought today's show was excellent, with themes like Play For Today which aren't often featured. The music from the ITV emergency service was particularly interesting!

Mark
Committee

Post by Mark »

Yes, it was a good one, I liked the ITV Emergency service one as well, the remark about "The Golden Shot" was interesting.

Enjoyed the two "Freewheelers" themes at the start, and I always preferred "The Wednesday Play" theme to "PFT" one.

"Midweek" and "Nationwide" are great themes too.

Brock
HD

Post by Brock »

Another great programme - hearing Farmhouse Kitchen again was an absolute delight!

But I think there was an error on this week's show - Andy himself didn't seem sure that he'd got it right. A listener requested the theme to Whodunnit, the 1970s panel show chaired first by Edward Woodward and then by Jon Pertwee. IMDb says the theme was by Simon Park, but what got played was apparently a piece by Tony Hatch from a 1969 show called Who-Dun-It (different spelling), of which I have no knowledge whatsoever. Does anyone remember the latter show?

Mark
Committee

Post by Mark »

Yes, a slight mistake wasn't there, it was the theme to the ATV series, probably saw it at the time but can't remember much about it.

It all exists, so maybe Network could oblige and we can have another look!

it was another good show, would have liked the full version of "No Honestly" though.