PR: The Warren Case [Network]

Film, stage, music, books and so on...
Mr_Wolf
Potentate in Perpetuity

PR: The Warren Case [Network]

Post by Mr_Wolf »

A disturbed, war-scarred crime reporter turns to illegal means in an attempt to generate news stories in this gripping early-thirties thriller based on the acclaimed play by The Ghost Train's Arnold Ridley. Starring Richard Bird as the alcoholic criminologist with an axe to grind, The Warren Case is directed by Walter Summers, whose two-decade body of work includes acclaimed historical reconstruction The Battles of Coronel and Falkland Islands and pre-war shocker The Dark Eyes of London. It is featured here in a brand-new transfer from the original film elements in its as-exhibited aspect ratio.

Chided by his boss for a conspicuous lack of sensational stories, Lewis Bevan takes matters into his own hands to revive his flagging career. When the fiance of his boss's daughter, Mary, is implicated in the murder of a good-time girl, Bevan's run of sensationalist stories all but ensures the unfortunate man's guilt. Mary, however, suspicious of Bevan's extraordinary knowledge of the case, tries to persuade the police to investigate further...

SPECIAL FEATURES:
[] Image gallery
[] Original pressbook PDF

http://networkonair.com/shop/2457-warre ... 53749.html

Stop quoting the law. We have swords.

JWG
D-MAC

Re: PR: The Warren Case [Network]

Post by JWG »

"When the fiance of his boss' daughter,Mary" is a mite awkward.I originally read it that Mary was somehow the fiance of the boss' daughter-which is impossible!

Come to think of,it.wasn't 'fiancee' the feminine form back then? Anyone know how the original publicity put it?

Mickey
625 lines

Post by Mickey »

It's not awkward, there's a comma. The fiancé of the boss's daughter, Mary. Also it's "fiancé", the masculine version.

Odd to see "The Ghost Train's Arnold Ridley", though! You'd think they'd namecheck Dad's Army, but I guess they're sticking to film credits, which is rather nice.

Mr Network still in full possession of his "..." addiction though, I see...

JWG
D-MAC

Post by JWG »

You're quite,right,Mickey-if only I could claim that the fault lay with it,rather than I.(Or should I say "me"? I do love the 'postilion struck by lightning' construction of the sentence,though!
I go to search for the pen of the sister-in-law of my former aide-de-camp.

Richard A
625 lines

Post by Richard A »

1934. The Warren Case seems to have provided the ever reliable and eventual TV character actor par excellence Edward Underdown with his first film role, BTW.

JWG
D-MAC

Post by JWG »

A time-saving device is offered at IMDB,where the sole review goes into much detail-including whodidit!